Legal Advice & Referral Center seeks an attorney to fill the full-time position of DV specialist. LARC is a provider of civil legal services located in Concord, NH. Remote work is possible part of the time, but the ability to be in Concord as needed to properly discharge the positions duties is required. Some statewide travel is necessary.
This attorney will provide high quality legal services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking; work collaboratively with the DVAP and DOVE referral systems to facilitate the full utilization of statewide resources; and collect and manage data for statewide planning and project evaluation purposes.
This position is grant funded through June 30, 2022.
LARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse staff that reflects the communities of low-income and older (age 60 plus) people it serves. LARC values equity and inclusion in our workplace and actively seeks applications from Black people, Indigenous people, people of color, the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, older adults, veterans, people who have lived experience with poverty, and other people belonging to communities that have historically experienced injustice.
- Represent clients who have suffered domestic violence and stalking in civil matters.
- Manage the accurate collection of data related to services.
- Collaborate with New Hampshire Legal Assistance and the Pro Bono Program of the New Hampshire Bar to facilitate the delivery of services.
- Assist in the supervision of staff.
- Support existing delivery systems, including the DOVE Project.
- Learn and maintain competence with Legal Services Corporation regulations governing services provided by grantees.
- Licensed to practice law in New Hampshire, in good standing.
- Experience representing victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking; understanding of trauma informed practice and the scope of services available.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Facility with technology and the accurate collection of data.
- Appropriate manner, sensitivity, and professionalism dealing with applicants and clients.
- Professional interaction with co-workers, supervisors, and colleagues in the broader legal community.
- Collegial and collaborative approach to the delivery of legal services in New Hampshire, and appropriate team approach to LARC mission.
- Comfortable providing services remotely or in person; capable of providing extended and limited services.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to:
Breckie Hayes-Snow, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that time is of the essence. This posting will remain open until position filled.