New Hampshire Legal Aid

Legal Information, Referrals, and Pro Se Assistance
Home » Self-Help Guides » Taxes


Is Your IRS Refund Being Taken to Pay Off Debt?

If your IRS refund is being taken to pay debts but you need that money now to prevent eviction, foreclosure, utility shut-off or for heating oil or other basic life needs, you may be able to get some of your refund money through an “Offset Bypass Refund.”

Apply for help from the Low Income Taxpayer Project by calling 603 Legal Aid 603-224-3333 or apply online.

Low-Income Taxpayer Project

Do you have a tax controversy with the IRS? You may qualify for free help from the NH Bar's Low Income Taxpayer Project.

Tax Scams and Fraud

Learn to protect yourself from tax scams and fraud and what you should do if you suspect identity theft.

Did you find what you need?

Please help us help you. Take our quick survey.