New Hampshire Legal Aid

Legal Information, Referrals, and Pro Se Assistance


The Eviction Process

How it works:

  • You don't have to leave when you get the eviction notice.
  • After the eviction expires, your landlord still must ask a judge's permission to evict you. The request is called a "landlord & tenant writ."  The sheriff will bring the writ to your home.
  • You do not have to move out when you get the landlord & tenant writ.

Know your rights:

  • Do you want to fight the eviction? Tell the court.

Did you find what you need?

Please help us help you. Take our quick survey.