New Hampshire Legal Aid

Legal Information, Referrals, and Pro Se Assistance
Home » The Law

The Law

Printer-friendly version

It is against the law for your spouse, partner, family or household member to:

  • Assault or attempt to injure you or your children or your property (RSA 631:1 through 631:3).
  • Threaten you so that you fear for your physical safety or the safety of your children (RSA 631:4).
  • Force sexual contact or relations on you against your will (RSA 632-A:2 through 632-A:5).
  • Enter your residence or home against your will if you are living separately (RSA 635:2).
  • Kidnap or interfere with your freedom against your will (RSA 633:1 and 633:3-a).
  • Destroy or threaten to destroy your property, including pets (RSA 634:1 and 634:2).
  • Follow you around or act in a way that would make a reasonable person afraid (RSA 633:3-a).
  • Harm or threaten to harm an animal or household pet (RSA 644:8).

Protection of Persons From Domestic Violence RSA 173-B Protective Orders (POs)


If English is your second language or you don’t speak any English, you have a right to request an interpreter to assist you with the police and in any court proceedings. Make sure to let the police and/or the court know that you need an interpreter to help you.

new nike air max 2019

March 16, 2017

Did you find what you need?

Please help us help you. Take our quick survey.