Legal Advice & Referral Center seeks to fill a part-time (50%) paralegal position to work as part of a collaborative project to serve victims of domestic violence and stalking. LARC is a provider of civil legal services located in Concord, NH. Remote work is possible part of the time, but the ability to be in Concord as needed to properly discharge the positions duties is required. Some statewide travel is necessary.
This paralegal will support the delivery of high quality legal services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking with particular emphasis on housing stability and income maintenance; work collaboratively with the DVAP and DOVE referral systems to facilitate the full utilization of statewide resources; participate in the collection and management of data.
This position is grant funded through June 30, 2022.
LARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse staff that reflects the communities of low-income and older (age 60 plus) people it serves. LARC values equity and inclusion in our workplace and actively seeks applications from Black people, Indigenous people, people of color, the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, older adults, veterans, people who have lived experience with poverty, and other people belonging to communities that have historically experienced injustice.
- Screen applicants for legal assistance.
- Manage referrals of applicants from other agencies.
- Facilitate referrals to project partners.
- Advise clients about housing and public benefits matters, under the supervision of an attorney.
- Maintain accurate records, in accordance with program policies and governing regulations.
- Provide some general support to staff attorney.
- Familiarity with NH legal system, experience in law-related work environment.
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking, including trauma informed practice.
- Appropriate manner and sensitivity in dealing with applicants and clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Facility with technology and the accurate collection of data.
- Collegial and collaborative approach to the delivery of legal services in New Hampshire.
- Appropriate team approach to LARC mission. Comfortable providing services remotely or in person.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to:
Breckie Hayes-Snow, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that time is of the essence. This posting will remain open until position filled.