Los Servicios Legales de New Hampshire

Información Legal, Referidos, y Ayuda para Personas que se Representan a sí Mismos
Portal » Node » Where to Get Protective Orders

Where to Get Protective Orders

Printer-friendly version

Go to a court that can properly help you. This will most often be a Family Court, but may be a District Court if there is no Family Court in your county. You can file in a court where either you or your abuser lives. If you have questions about where to file for a protective order, contact your local police.

Here is a brief listing of current Family Division courts where you may get a protective order. You can find a complete updated list on the NH Court website.

Family Division Courts (Locations):

Belknap (Laconia )

Carroll (Conway, Ossipee)

Coos (Berlin, Colebrook, Lancaster)

Grafton (Lebanon, Littleton, Haverhill, Plymouth)

Hillsborough (Goffstown, Manchester, Merrimack, Nashua)

Merrimack (Concord, Franklin, Hillsborough, Hooksett)

Rockingham (Brentwood, Derry, Portsmouth, Salem)

Strafford (Dover, Rochester at Strafford County Complex, Rochester)

Sullivan (Newport, Claremont)

Cheshire (Jaffrey, Keene)

If you have left your home and are living in a different place to escape abuse, you can go to the court closest to your temporary home. The court will not tell anyone your new address if you ask them not to.


If English is your second language or you don’t speak any English, you have a right to request an interpreter to assist you with the police and in any court proceedings. Make sure to let the police and/or the court know that you need an interpreter to help you.

March 16, 2017

¿Ha podido encontrar lo que quería?

Ayúdanos para que pudiéramos ayudar a los demás.
Toma nuestro
cuestionario corto.