Housing counselors can help
- if you need to lower your home mortgage payments. A housing counselor will work with you to process an application for a home mortgage loan modification.
- if you are having trouble paying your mortgage and want to explore your financial options.
Why work with a HUD-approved housing counselor?
- There is no charge to work with a HUD-approved counseling agency.
- A HUD-approved housing counselor will talk to you about your situation and help you decide what options are best for you.
- A counselor will explain what documents you will need to provide to your mortgage company and may be able to contact the mortgage company on your behalf.
- A housing counselor can help you make a budget that will show you how to meet your monthly mortgage payment and other expenses.
- The counselor will also have information about local resources that may be helpful to you.
Find a housing counselor.
- Call 2-1-1.
- See HomeHelpNH.org's list of housing counselors.
- See the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)'s list of approved housing counselors.
Learn more at HomeHelpNH.org or call 2-1-1.