New Hampshire Legal Aid

Legal Information, Referrals, and Pro Se Assistance
Home » Behind on your mortgage during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Behind on your mortgage during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Printer-friendly version

Watch the video about the CARES Act mortgage forbearance.

During the pandemic, many struggle to pay their mortgage. Learn about mortgage relief options.

Seek financial help from your Town or City Welfare Office. Read more about Local Welfare.  Governor Sununu's Emergency Order #23 allows Local Welfare offices to transition to operating on-line, phone, or limited appointment -only operation, but Local Welfare must continue to do its job.

If you have any problems with Local Welfare, call NH Legal Assistance at 603-223-9750 or 1-800-921-1115 and press 4. If you must leave a message, be sure to say you are calling about Local Welfare and state any deadlines you have.

Call 211 to find a HUD-approved Housing Counselor (just dial 2-1-1). Multilingual assistance and TDD access is also available. For those outside of New Hampshire, call 1-866-444-4211.  or go to the 211 website here.

May 2020

Did you find what you need?

Please help us help you. Take our quick survey.