New Hampshire Legal Aid

Legal Information, Referrals, and Pro Se Assistance
Home » Self-Help Guides » Consumer » Small Claims Court

Small Claims Court

Tue, 05/12/2015 - 11:14 -- bregan
Printer-friendly version

Small Claims


What types of cases should I file in Small Claims Court? 

If you are owed $10,000 or less or are seeking damages for $10,000 or less you need to file in your local NH District Court, Small Claims Division. 

The New Hampshire Judicial Branch Website provides information on the small claims process 

Basic Small Claims Information;

the Small Claims Collection Process;

and Mediation, which is voluntary for claims under $5,000 and mandatory for claims over $5,000.


File your small claims electronically. 

All small claims must be filed electronically. To learn more about E-filing or to E-File your small claim electronically, click here



April, 2016
Legal Advice & Referral Center

Did you find what you need?

Please help us help you. Take our quick survey.